This week’s Local Roots CSA box brought us:
- Bunch of carrots
- Celery (Yay!)
- Bunch of baby bok choi
- Several cucumbers (including the lemon ones that I love)
- Ozette fingerling potatoes
- Green Beans
- One zucchini
And, finally (by which I mean at long last)…
- One very large heirloom tomato Hooray!
In the Local Roots CSA box waiting on my front porch this afternoon I found:
- Bunch of beets
- Bag of arugula! Yay!
- Bunch of tatsoi
- Bunch of pretty purple radishes
- Bag of mixed salad greens
- Head of garlic
- Several small round cucumbers
- Bag of basil! Yay!
- One long green cucumber
- Two large yellow zucchini
We had a no-show at our pick-up tonight, so I’ve just shoehorned double the amount of vegetables in the photo into our refrigerator. Some of those veggies will be going to the office with me tomorrow (where several CSA members’ surplus veggies are left on the kitchen counter to be adopted), but the basil, arugula and garlic won’t be among them. Pesto, yay!